Trump attacks McConnell for 'pushing Left Wing Alaska hater' Murkowski
Murkowski voted to impeach Trump over the Jan. 6 riot.
Former President Trump on Tuesday criticized Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell for what he considers him "spending a fortune" to reelect fellow Republican Alaska Sen. Lisa Murkowski.
In a Truth Social post, Trump said McConnell is "one of the worst & most unpopular politicians" and "the man that gave the Radical Left Democrats Trillions of Dollars for their Green New Deal Fake Infrastructure Bill ... without so much as a fight."
Trump is presumably referring to spending on candidates by the Senate Leadership Fund, an independent Super PAC whose stated goal is to "build a Republican Senate majority" and to which McConnell is closely aligned.
The former president also said the Kentucky Republican senator is "spending a fortune of donor’s money (the only way he holds power!) on pushing Left Wing Alaska hater Lisa Murkowski rather than great Republican candidate Kelly Tshibaka - a close race."
Murkowski earned 45% of the vote in last month's primary while the Trump-endorsed Tshibaka came in second with 38.6%. The two will face off this November in the general election.
Just News, No Noise
- FBI whistleblower says SWAT teams being misused, J6 defendants' rights trampled
- Special master to give extended time to Justice Department to provide seized documents to Trump
- Record number of New Yorkers switching driver’s licenses to Florida
- Mugged by reality? Dems pivot on law and order as soft-on-crime liberals assaulted, burglarized
- Job site bans gender-critical feminists, lists nearly 300 jobs matching 'transgender'