Trump cheers polling showing his grip on GOP, doubts about legitimacy of Biden election
CBS poll shows 80 percent of Republicans support removing Liz Cheney, 67 percent doubt Biden won.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Former President Donald Trump on Sunday evening cheered new polling showing he has a firm grip on a Republican Party that does not accept the legitimacy of Joe Biden’s election win.
CBS News released polling earlier in the day showing two-thirds of Republicans believe loyalty to Trump is important, while 67 percent believe Biden is not the legitimate winner of the 2020 election. Eighty percent of Republicans said they supported the House GOP’s removal of Liz Cheney from its leadership.
Trump hailed the findings in a statement issued by his political action committee.
”Breaking News! New polling by CBS News on the state of the Republican Party (which is very strong!). President Trump has a strong hold on the GOP,” the former president said.
“Eighty percent of Republicans agree with the removal of Liz Cheney from GOP Leadership and only 20% disagree,” he added. “The poll also showed that 67% of Republicans said that they do not consider Sleepy Joe Biden to be the legitimate winner of the 2020 Presidential Election. I agree with them 100%, just look at the facts and the data—there is no way he won the 2020 Presidential Election!”
While Trump continues to argue there was fraud and irregularities in the election, Biden insists he won fair and square. An ongoing audit in Arizona’s largest county could shed light on the dispute later this month.
News, not Noise
- New research suggests COVID was less deadly than thought in first year of pandemic
- PA state Senate president urges impeachment proceedings against Soros-backed Philadelphia prosecutor
- Soviet-style street art mocking Biden and Fauci appears in D.C.
- Defense requests immunity for FBI agents, informants in Whitmer kidnapping plot
- Colorado officials formally act to remove Mesa County GOP clerk as designated election official