Trump easily wins CPAC 2024 straw poll, DeSantis distant second
Former president has strongly indicated intent to run in 2024.
Former President Donald Trump easily cinched the 2024 presidential straw poll at CPAC 2022 on Saturday, beating out Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, whom many analysts consider his closest rival for the spot.
Trump rolled up 69% of the votes in the anonymous online poll, while DeSantis polled just 24% — down from the 28% he netted in the straw poll at the February CPAC event, held in his home state of Florida.
Trump is set to speak at CPAC later on Saturday as the headline event. The conference is being held in Dallas.
Just News, No Noise
- With hurricane pummeling Florida, DeSantis turns from conservative fighter to nonpartisan leader
- National Archives nominee fails to clear Senate committee amid Trump-FBI raid fallout
- Trump scores another win in Mar-a-Lago case
- Outsourced censorship: Feds used private entity to target millions of social posts in 2020
- Political strategist predicts Trump-Clinton rematch in 2024