Trump endorses Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro
Trump's endorsement comes amid backlash in Brazil over Bolsonaro's purported response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Former President Donald Trump announced his endorsement Tuesday of Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro ahead of that nation's 2022 presidential election.
"He fights hard for, and loves, the people of Brazil — Just like I do for the people of the United States," said Trump in a statement. "Brazil is lucky to have a man such as Jair Bolsonaro working for them. He is a great President and will never let the people of his great country down!"
Trump's endorsement comes amid political backlash in Brazil over Bolsonaro's purported response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
According to The Hill, a Brazilian Senate committee recommended Bolsonaro face criminal charges following a report by a congressional committee that he promoted unproven COVID treatments while giving the cold shoulder to vaccine manufacturer Pfizer.
Bolsonaro called the report nothing more than "fantasies," while denying any wrongdoing.
News, not Noise
- Governments warn of heart problems from COVID vaccines, but Twitter calls research 'unsafe'
- Washington DC suburb eyes taxing residents for rain on their roofs, driveways, parking lots
- Elon Musk calls for Congress to throw out Biden's entire Build Back Better bill: 'Don't pass it'
- Manchin: Without 'bipartisan buy-in,' Biden's budget reconciliation bill 'won't last'
- 'All Lives Matter to our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ' sign got football coach fired: lawsuit