Trump endorses Ted Budd for NC Senate seat after daughter-in-law Lara opts against running
Surprise endorsement of Congressman gets applause at state GOP convention.
Former President Donald Trump on Saturday night offered his "complete and total endorsement" of Congressman Ted Budd for next year's Senate race in North Carolina after his daughter-in-law Lara ended months of speculation by declining to run for the seat.
The Trumps made the surprise announcement at the state's Republican convention. The former president said Budd had found out about the endorsement just minutes before the speech began.
Lara Trump said she was "saying no for now" to running for Senate in the state where she grew up but left open the possibility for the future. She said having twi young children, ages 1 and 3, was a major consideration in her decision
News, Not Noise
- Eighteen months later, Democrats' first Trump impeachment tale in tatters
- CDC claims COVID-19 kills 'healthy young children' as doctors push back on vaccinating kids
- Biden fumbles countries at G7, mistaking Libya for Syria
- Georgia election official acknowledge chain of custody documents missing for 2020 absentee ballots
- Death of journalist who broke the Clinton-Lynch tarmac meeting is being investigated as suicide