Trump launches 'Failure' commercial on President Biden's handling of Afghan withdrawal
"We must have hostages released and our Military equipment returned, NOW!" Trump said in a statement.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Former President Trump launched a commercial through his Save America PAC entitled "Failure," showing clips of President Biden making promises regarding the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan that were not fulfilled.
A clip in the commercial shows Biden saying that "Afghanistan cannot be used ... as a terrorist base," which is then followed by a news clip calling Afghanistan a "Disneyland for terrorists."
The commercial included other news clips criticizing Biden's handling of the withdrawal, with one saying, "If this isn't failure ... what does failure look like, exactly?"
Trump released the commercial with a statement: "A heartbreaking loss for the United States and it's great Military. We must have hostages released and our Military equipment returned, NOW!"
News, not Noise
- Chicago mayor 'booed off stage' at local union fundraiser: Reports
- Demand for forensic audits of 2020 election in all 50 states rapidly gaining support
- Lessons unlearned? Alec Baldwin's father was riflery coach at high school
- Biden to name permanent FCC director, which could result in GOP majority on internet content agency
- Wisconsin Senate to launch its own 2020 election investigation