Trump praises 'true miracle' COVID-19 vaccine, urges unvaccinated to get shots
Trump suggested the vaccine is one of history's "great achievements."
Former President Trump is joining the New York Post's effort to get more residents vaccinated against COVID-129, calling the drug a miracle and suggesting its swift and effective response to the pandemic is one of history's "great achievements."
"I’m all in favor of the vaccine," Trump said Thursday in a telephone call with the newspaper. "It’s one of the great achievements, a true miracle, and not only for the United States. We’re saving tens of millions of lives throughout the world. We’re saving entire countries."
In the Post's Wednesday edition, the paper argued for the many reasons New Yorkers should get vaccinated.
Trump also talked to the newspaper about his experience getting the vaccine. He said he received his first shot in January before leaving office and his second shot while living in Florida.
"Not even a bit of arm soreness," the former president said. "It’s pretty amazing stuff."
Trump, who contracted the virus before getting the shots, and others in his administration worked closely with the Food and Drug Administration and pharmaceutical companies to develop a vaccine and get emergency-use FDA approval for them.
While Trump this week argued that more people need to get vaccinated, he also said they should make their own decisions and not be required to be vaccinated.
"The vaccine is a great thing and people should take advantage of it," he said. "Nobody should be forced, we have our freedoms. But I strongly recommend it because it’s a real lifesaver."
President Biden announced Thursday that his administration hit its revised 100-day goal of administering 200 vaccine shots.
News, Not Noise
- House Republicans ask Secretary of State for documents related to Wuhan coronavirus lab
- New NASA head pledges to shoot for Trump 2024 deadline of putting another man on the moon
- Arizona Senate, Maricopa Co. mull next steps in standoff over routers subpoenaed in vote audit
- Fauci's agency spent over $400k on experiments grafting aborted fetal scalps onto mice and rats
- Minnesota school district adopts Black Lives Matter slogan as privileged 'government speech'