Trump says it's 'easy' to find and punish SCOTUS leaker: 'Go to the reporter'
"This is a tremendously serious matter that has never happened," Trump stressed
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Former President Donald Trump on Wednesday suggested that the Supreme Court discover who leaked the draft majority opinion signaling the likely overturn of Roe v. Wade by contacting the Politico reporters who originally published the opinion.
Journalists Josh Gerstein and Alexander Ward wrote an article for Politico in May about the leaked 98-page draft showing that the Supreme Court's conservative majority is likely to overturn Roe, the landmark 1973 case in which the court found abortion to be constitutionally protected.
"The U.S. Supreme Court MUST find, reveal, and punish the 'Leaker.' Very easy to do - Go to the reporter who received the leak," Trump wrote on his platform, Truth Social.
"This is a tremendously serious matter that has never happened, to anywhere near this extent, before. The Court will be compromised and demeaned until this very big problem is solved!" he added.
Shortly after the leak, Supreme Court clerks were reportedly required to hand over their cell phone records and sign affidavits as part of the investigation.
News, not Noise
- North Carolina voters abandoning Democrats, switching to GOP as part of a national trend
- Highland Park gunman’s history, weapon purchase raise questions whether Democrat gun laws work
- Medical licensing boards face pushback for enforcing CDC vaccine recommendations, gender ideology
- Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham will not comply with Georgia election probe subpoena
- Texas counties declare 'invasion' in bid to pressure governor over illegal migrant crisis