Trump slams Cheney as 'warmongering fool,' says 'Based on all polling, there is no way she can win'
"This warmongering fool wants to stay in the Middle East and Afghanistan for another 19 years, but doesn't consider the big picture—Russia and China!" Trump said in the statement.
Former President Trump on Tuesday called House Republican Conference Chair Liz Cheney a "warmongering fool" and claimed that polling indicates she cannot win reelection.
"Liz Cheney is polling sooo low in Wyoming, and has sooo little support, even from the Wyoming Republican Party, that she is looking for a way out of her Congressional race. Based on all polling, there is no way she can win. She'll either be yet another lobbyist or maybe embarrass her family by running for President, in order to save face. This warmongering fool wants to stay in the Middle East and Afghanistan for another 19 years, but doesn't consider the big picture—Russia and China!" Trump said in the statement.
Cheney, who was one of 10 House Republicans to vote to impeach then-President Trump earlier this year in the wake of the Jan. 6 breach of the U.S. Capitol, has not ruled out the possibility of mounting a presidential bid: "I'm not ruling anything in or out — ever is a long time," the Wyoming Republican told the New York Post when asked about whether she would ever consider a bid.
News, not Noise
- Trump flexes his muscle again with primary wins, as Dr. Oz race ends as a cliffhanger
- Major funder of Wuhan lab told Fauci's agency COVID would end at 20,000 cases
- Juror donations, judge’s family ties at Sussmann trial spotlight DC's liberal leanings
- Rep. Cawthorn loses North Carolina GOP House primary, concedes race
- Election integrity: Wisconsin judge questions Zuckerbucks lawsuit