Trump slams Cheney as 'warmongering fool,' says 'Based on all polling, there is no way she can win'
"This warmongering fool wants to stay in the Middle East and Afghanistan for another 19 years, but doesn't consider the big picture—Russia and China!" Trump said in the statement.
Former President Trump on Tuesday called House Republican Conference Chair Liz Cheney a "warmongering fool" and claimed that polling indicates she cannot win reelection.
"Liz Cheney is polling sooo low in Wyoming, and has sooo little support, even from the Wyoming Republican Party, that she is looking for a way out of her Congressional race. Based on all polling, there is no way she can win. She'll either be yet another lobbyist or maybe embarrass her family by running for President, in order to save face. This warmongering fool wants to stay in the Middle East and Afghanistan for another 19 years, but doesn't consider the big picture—Russia and China!" Trump said in the statement.
Cheney, who was one of 10 House Republicans to vote to impeach then-President Trump earlier this year in the wake of the Jan. 6 breach of the U.S. Capitol, has not ruled out the possibility of mounting a presidential bid: "I'm not ruling anything in or out — ever is a long time," the Wyoming Republican told the New York Post when asked about whether she would ever consider a bid.
News, Not Noise
- Arizona Senate, Maricopa Co. mull next steps in standoff over routers subpoenaed in vote audit
- Minnesota school district adopts Black Lives Matter slogan as privileged 'government speech'
- Astronomers observe black hole 'spaghettification' of a star for the first time
- New NASA head pledges to shoot for Trump 2024 deadline of putting another man on the moon
- DNA, genealogy website lead to arrest in 26-year-old Texas murder case