Trump takes apparent swipe at National Guard deployment for 'J6' rally amid border surge
The "J6 for Justice" rally at the base of Capitol Hill attracted several hundred people, with no reports of violence or arrests.
President Trump on Sunday took an apparent swipe at the Pentagon for authorizing the National Guard to be put on call for this weekend's Washington, D.C., rally to draw attention to those arrests during the Jan. 6 riot, amid ongoing surges of illegal immigrants at the U.S.-Mexico border.
"It is incredible that our National Guard is standing at the empty Capitol, not at our Southern Border, where the number of illegals coming into our Country is at a level that has never been seen before!," Trump said in a fundraising letter from his Save America political committee.
The "J6 for Justice" rally at the base of Capitol Hill attracted several hundred people, with no reports of violence or arrests. However, police agencies across the District were fully activated for the event, in case of a riot like the one on Jan. 6 occurred.
The roughly 6-foot-high fence around the Capitol complex after the riot was erected again, most agencies, including the city's police department, had all officers on duty, and the U.S. Capitol Police was allowed by the Pentagon to have National Guardsmen on standby.
Meanwhile, thousands of illegal immigrants, many of them from Haiti, crossed the southern U.S. border in recent days and encamped in the Texas border city of Del Rio, overwhelming local and federal agents attempting the tend to their immediate needs before arresting and processes them.
News, not Noise
- Department of Justice issues stinging rebuke of Biden's hope of Jan. 6 prosecutions
- 'Let's Go Brandon': Mischievous meme mocks fake news and a failing presidency
- Liberal comedian Jon Stewart scolds media for blaming Trump for nation's divisiveness
- College withheld exonerating evidence from student who went to prison for sexual assault
- Joke anti-Biden song 'Let's Go Brandon' goes viral, hits #1 on iTunes hip-hop chart