Trump thanks all members of his administration for production of COVID-19 vaccine
Trump's Operation Warp Speed helped drug makers develop and manufacture COVID-19 vaccines.
Former President Trump on Tuesday thanking those in his administration who worked to produce the COVID-19 vaccine.
"I want to thank all within the Trump Administration who pushed so hard for a vaccine and got it done in less than nine months," he said, as virus numbers drop and the federal government eases its guidance of mask wearing.
The former president also took credit for the declining infection numbers, now at about mid-May 2020 levels, saying the virus cases have "hit its lowest level in more than one year, and falling fast."
Through Operation Warp Speed, the administration helped pharmaceutical firms get the funding and federal support needed to make the vaccines. It also got the Food and Drug Administration to give the firms emergency-use approval for their vaccines.
"Operation Warp Speed and our decision to purchase billions of dollars of vaccine before it was even approved, has been 'One of the greatest miracles of the ages,' " according to many," Trump also said Tuesday.
News, Not Noise
- Georgia investigator's notes reveal 'massive' election integrity problems in Atlanta
- Over 7,000 affidavits delivered to Michigan lawmakers claim election fraud
- Georgia audit documents expose significant election failures in state's largest county
- GOP lawmakers to Biden: 'We write to you today to express concern with your current cognitive state'
- Pelosi says GOP wants people 'in cars, on the road, using gas,' Dems want more mass transit