Trump urges people to recall 'how great of a job Donald Trump did as President'
"Remember as you're watching the meter tick, and your dollars pile up, how great of a job Donald Trump did as President," Trump said.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Former President Donald Trump issued a statement on Thursday urging people to recall "how great of a job Donald Trump did as President" as they fill up their gas tanks over the holiday weekend.
"With Memorial Day Weekend coming up, tomorrow people start driving in the biggest automobile days of the year. I'm sorry to say the gasoline prices that you will be confronted with are far higher than they were just a short number of months ago where we had gasoline under $2 a gallon," Trump said. "Remember as you're watching the meter tick, and your dollars pile up, how great of a job Donald Trump did as President. Soon Russia and the Middle East will be making a fortune on oil, and you will be saying how good it was to have me as your President. Wasn't it great to be energy independent, but we are energy independent no more. Shame, shame, shame. Other than that, have a great Memorial Day Weekend!"
The national average price for regular gas is currently $3.041 per gallon, according to AAA, which also reports that the national average was $2.885 a month ago and $1.964 a year ago.
News, not Noise
- Sidelined? Hundreds of Navy SEALS told they won't be deployed if they refuse COVID vaccine
- Biden's first border chief accuses administration of destroying security, misleading Congress
- Judge in case of anti-Trump mudslinger is married to attorney for ex-FBI lawyer Lisa Page
- Federal health authorities scorn ivermectin for COVID, despite findings of benefits, safety
- 'The numbers are skewed': Colorado officials warn of inflated COVID death statistics