Bill aims to declassify intel of any potential link of COVID origins to Wuhan Institute of Virology
Republican Sens. Josh Hawley of Missouri and Mike Braun of Indiana have introduced the "COVID-19 Origin Act of 2021."
Republican Sens. Josh Hawley of Missouri and Mike Braun of Indiana have introduced legislation to declassify intelligence pertaining to any potential connections between the Wuhan Institute of Virology and the genesis of the COVID-19 pandemic.
"For over a year, anyone asking questions about the Wuhan Institute of Virology has been branded as a conspiracy theorist. The world needs to know if this pandemic was the product of negligence at the Wuhan lab but the CCP has done everything it can to block a credible investigation. That's why the Biden administration must declassify what it knows about the Wuhan lab and Beijing's attempts to cover up the origin of the pandemic," Hawley said in a statement.
There have been more than 570,000 coronavirus fatalities so far in the U.S. and more than 3 million worldwide, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University.
News, not Noise
- North Carolina voters abandoning Democrats, switching to GOP as part of a national trend
- Highland Park gunman’s history, weapon purchase raise questions whether Democrat gun laws work
- Medical licensing boards face pushback for enforcing CDC vaccine recommendations, gender ideology
- Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham will not comply with Georgia election probe subpoena
- Texas counties declare 'invasion' in bid to pressure governor over illegal migrant crisis