D.C. Mayor Bowser officiated indoor wedding while maskless after reinstating indoor mask requirement
D.C. Mayor Bowser was also maskless during her birthday celebration the night before.
Washington, D.C.'s Mayor Muriel Bowser was photographed without wearing a mask while at a wedding she officiated on Saturday, just hours after reinstating an indoor mask mandate.
Bowser officiated the wedding at The LINE DC hotel, where hundreds of guests were maskless, the Washington Examiner reported.
The outlet approached Bowser to ask why she wasn't wearing a mask, but was blocked by security.
Bowser's indoor mask mandate took effect at 5 a.m. on Saturday, and applies to everyone over the age of two, regardless of vaccination status, Fox News reported.
"Bowser's office told Fox News that the wedding ceremony was outdoors on a rooftop, and that Bowser 'wore a mask indoors in compliance with the mandate,'" the outlet reported.
The indoor mask mandate does not apply to officials in the "federal government or legislative branch of the district government while those persons are on duty."
Hours before the mask mandate went into effect, Bowser was also photographed without a mask for her birthday celebration, where comedian Dave Chappelle and a D.J. attended.
News, not Noise
- 'Actual malice': Courts greenlight Devin Nunes defamation lawsuits against mainstream media
- Defund-the-police firebrand Ocasio-Cortez gets protective police escort
- Ga. Election Board tosses complaint against Herschel Walker's wife, refers 12 others to state AG
- Trump sues New York Times and niece over story about his taxes
- Sidelined? Hundreds of Navy SEALS told they won't be deployed if they refuse COVID vaccine