Gasoline drops below a dollar per gallon in Minnesota
The national average is under two dollars per gallon, according to AAA
April 9, 2020 - 9:20pm
Gasoline prices at some Minnesota stations have fallen below the $1 per gallon mark seen in the 1970s, according to the Gas Buddy website.
An article from WCCO earlier Thursday reported prices on Gas Buddy as low as $0.78 per gallon.
Other states also have stations with prices of less than $1, according to Gas Buddy.
The national average is under $2, according to AAA, which places it at just $1.895 as of Thursday. That is well below the $2.748 average it lists for a year ago. AAA's Minnesota average price on Thursday was just $1.716.
As many Americans practice social distancing and hunker down at home amid the coronavirus crisis, they are driving less.
Fox News also notes the recent oil price conflict between Russia and Saudi Arabia as a reason for the low prices.
News, Not Noise
- President Trump: 'I have a chance to break the deep state'
- Study: A majority of the population may have 'some degree' of preexisting immunity to COVID-19
- CDC: Coronavirus fatality rate could be as low as 0.26%
- While contemplating mandatory mask order, Virginia governor caught without one on beach
- Judge overseeing Flynn case has hired a lawyer to defend his decision not to drop it