Gasoline drops below a dollar per gallon in Minnesota
The national average is under two dollars per gallon, according to AAA
Gasoline prices at some Minnesota stations have fallen below the $1 per gallon mark seen in the 1970s, according to the Gas Buddy website.
An article from WCCO earlier Thursday reported prices on Gas Buddy as low as $0.78 per gallon.
Other states also have stations with prices of less than $1, according to Gas Buddy.
The national average is under $2, according to AAA, which places it at just $1.895 as of Thursday. That is well below the $2.748 average it lists for a year ago. AAA's Minnesota average price on Thursday was just $1.716.
As many Americans practice social distancing and hunker down at home amid the coronavirus crisis, they are driving less.
Fox News also notes the recent oil price conflict between Russia and Saudi Arabia as a reason for the low prices.
News, Not Noise
- New State memos disclose relentless pressure by Hunter Biden-connected Ukrainian firm
- Stars' donations helped bail out suspects charged with 'murder, violent felonies, sex crimes'
- McConnell: Dems won't allow 'a penny' in stimulus 'unless Texas and Florida bail out New Jersey'
- DOJ lawyer suggests possibility that undisclosed info factored into Flynn dismissal request
- 'Squad' member Ilhan Omar survives tough Democratic primary in Minnesota