Summer Olympics postponed until 2021: report
Countries had begun pulling out of the games prior to the unofficial announcement of their postponement
March 23, 2020 - 2:40pm
International Olympic Committee member Dick Pound says the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games will be postponed until 2021, according to reports from USA Today.
“The parameters going forward have not been determined, but the Games are not going to start on July 24, that much I know,” Pound told Christine Brennan of USA Today.
This weekend Canada and Australia announced that they would not be sending delegations to the summer games.
Earlier this morning, President Trump tweeted that the United States’ decision to attend the games would be guided by “the wishes” of Japan’s prime minister Shinzo Abe.
News, Not Noise
- News media, liberals mock conservatives for early pandemic comments they made themselves
- Tracking site suggests White House model is overestimating coronavirus hospitalizations
- You Vote: Was the Navy right to fire captain of virus-strickened USS Theodore Roosevelt?
- Tiger in New York City zoo tests positive for coronavirus
- House Democrat blasts constituent Kennedy Center for 250 layoffs after taking coronavirus millions