Summer Olympics postponed until 2021: report
Countries had begun pulling out of the games prior to the unofficial announcement of their postponement
International Olympic Committee member Dick Pound says the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games will be postponed until 2021, according to reports from USA Today.
“The parameters going forward have not been determined, but the Games are not going to start on July 24, that much I know,” Pound told Christine Brennan of USA Today.
This weekend Canada and Australia announced that they would not be sending delegations to the summer games.
Earlier this morning, President Trump tweeted that the United States’ decision to attend the games would be guided by “the wishes” of Japan’s prime minister Shinzo Abe.
News, Not Noise
- Outrage against Yale Law for punishing famed author/professor who backed Kavanaugh for SCOTUS
- Inside ISIS: Interrogation trove shows terror group's leader was a snitch
- Supreme Court lifts California’s pandemic ban on in-home religious gatherings
- Herschel Walker calls on colleges, businesses to stop asking for race on applications
- Angry liberals demand Breyer retire after justice warns against court packing