Microsoft issues urgent warning for users to update PC
The security flaw, known as PrintNightmare, reportedly affects the Windows Print Spooler service.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Microsoft is telling Windows customers to immediately install an update, after a serious vulnerability in the operating system was found by researchers.
The security flaw, known as PrintNightmare, affects the Windows Print Spooler service, according to CNN.
Researchers at cybersecurity company Sangfor accidentally published a how-to guide for exploiting it, the cable TV news network also reports.
The researchers tweeted in late May that they had found vulnerabilities in Print Spooler, which allows multiple users to access a printer, CNN also reports.
News, not Noise
- Trump flexes his muscle again with primary wins, as Dr. Oz race ends as a cliffhanger
- Rep. Cawthorn loses North Carolina GOP House primary, concedes race
- Former inmate pleads guilty of using drones to smuggle drugs into prison
- Mastriano wins Pennsylvania GOP gubernatorial primary
- FBI agents, Neustar employee testify in Sussmann trial, more prosecution witnesses for Wednesday