Microsoft issues urgent warning for users to update PC
The security flaw, known as PrintNightmare, reportedly affects the Windows Print Spooler service.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Microsoft is telling Windows customers to immediately install an update, after a serious vulnerability in the operating system was found by researchers.
The security flaw, known as PrintNightmare, affects the Windows Print Spooler service, according to CNN.
Researchers at cybersecurity company Sangfor accidentally published a how-to guide for exploiting it, the cable TV news network also reports.
The researchers tweeted in late May that they had found vulnerabilities in Print Spooler, which allows multiple users to access a printer, CNN also reports.
News, not Noise
- New Durham indictment exposes second leg of Hillary Clinton's Russia collusion dirty trick
- 'Making Taliban Great Again' billboard featuring Biden draws widespread attention
- 'Fakeout'? As lawmakers demand answers on Afghanistan, SecDef Austin shifts focus to Havana Syndrome
- Leader among Taliban opposition in Afghanistan reaches deal with DC lobbyist for support in US
- 'Justice for J6' rally puts spotlight on evidence of political motives behind Jan. 6 prosecutions