Microsoft issues urgent warning for users to update PC
The security flaw, known as PrintNightmare, reportedly affects the Windows Print Spooler service.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Microsoft is telling Windows customers to immediately install an update, after a serious vulnerability in the operating system was found by researchers.
The security flaw, known as PrintNightmare, affects the Windows Print Spooler service, according to CNN.
Researchers at cybersecurity company Sangfor accidentally published a how-to guide for exploiting it, the cable TV news network also reports.
The researchers tweeted in late May that they had found vulnerabilities in Print Spooler, which allows multiple users to access a printer, CNN also reports.
News, not Noise
- Researchers shoot holes in study touted for confirming 'masks work' in curbing COVID
- Mike Pence: 'There were irregularities' in 2020 election, feels he made right decision Jan. 6
- Biden legal defeats rapidly piling up across the nation on broad array of policy fronts
- Dying COVID-19 patient recovers after court orders ivermectin treatment
- Georgia sues Biden DOJ for evidence of ‘colluding or conspiring’ with outsiders to fight voter law