Trump-backed Britt defeats Brooks in Alabama GOP Senate runoff
Britt was a former chief of staff to Alabama GOP Sen. Richard Shelby.
Alabama GOP Senate primary candidate Katie Britt is the projected winner of the runoff election against Rep. Mo Brooks on Tuesday.
Former President Trump endorsed Britt over Brooks, a longtime supporter of Trump.
"Above all, Katie Britt will never let you down," Trump has said about Britt. "She has my complete and total endorsement!”
Trump had originally backed Brooks. However, Brooks had told voters to look past the 2020 presidential election. Trump maintains that there was voter fraud during the election. He wound up changing his endorsement.
Britt was a former chief of staff to Alabama GOP Sen. Richard Shelby. Brooks and Britt were competing for the retiring Shelby's seat.
Just News, No Noise
- Federal judge upholds Georgia election integrity practices, deals blow to Stacey Abrams
- Outsourced censorship: Feds used private entity to target millions of social posts in 2020
- Enemies list? Fed-backed censorship machine targeted 20 news sites
- Oz gains on Fetterman in PA Senate race: poll
- Trump scores another win in Mar-a-Lago case