CNN's Tapper calls out Jon Ossoff for claiming Kelly Loeffler campaigned with a Klansman
CNN fact-checkers concluded claim that Loeffler campaigned with Klansman was "false."
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
CNN host Jake Tapper grilled Democratic senate candidate Jon Ossoff for claiming that his Republican opponent, Sen. Kelly Loeffler, campaigned with a Klansman ahead of Georgia's runoff election, according to The Washington Times.
While campaigning for her reelection, Loeffler took a photo with Chester Doles, a former member of the Ku Klux Klan. Loeffler's campaign spokesperson later said that she "had no idea who that was, and if she had, she would have kicked him out immediately because we condemn, in the most vociferous terms, everything he stands for."
CNN fact-checkers concluded that Ossoff's claim that she campaigned with Doles was "false," according to The Washington Times.
"Isn't it important for candidates to tell the truth?" Tapper asked Ossoff.
"It is, and it's even more distressing that this isn't an isolated incident," Ossoff replied, going on to make additional claims that Loeffler was "campaigning beside radical white supremacists."
News, Not Noise
- Bombshell revelations as Trump declassifies all FBI documents in Russia probe
- Trump declassifying trove of FBI memos exposing Steele's motivations, ties to impeachment witness
- Poll: Strong majority of GOP voters see themselves as Republicans instead of 'MAGA Nation'
- President Trump in statement: 'I will always be committed to stopping the endless wars'
- Liberal activist arrested, charged with participating in Capitol riot