Former Democratic congressman O'Rourke announces bid for Texas governor
O'Rourke will challenge Texas GOP Gov. Gregg Abbott in 2022.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Former Democratic congressman and 2020 presidential candidate Beto O'Rourke announced Monday that he's running for Texas governor.
He will challenge Texas GOP Gov. Gregg Abbott in 2022.
The video focuses on the state's power grid failing last year during a cold snap, an issue expected to be a big part of the candidate's campaign.
O'Rourke also ran a close challenge in 2018 for Texas GOP Sen. Ted Cruz's seat.
News, not Noise
- Governments warn of heart problems from COVID vaccines, but Twitter calls research 'unsafe'
- Washington DC suburb eyes taxing residents for rain on their roofs, driveways, parking lots
- Elon Musk calls for Congress to throw out Biden's entire Build Back Better bill: 'Don't pass it'
- Manchin: Without 'bipartisan buy-in,' Biden's budget reconciliation bill 'won't last'
- 'All Lives Matter to our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ' sign got football coach fired: lawsuit