Georgia certifies then decertifies recount results
The certification remains expected later today
The Georgia Secretary of State issued a correction Friday afternoon, saying this state is still completing the certification process, despite an earlier announcement that the state had certified an electoral victory for Joe Biden.
Brad Raffensperger, the Republican Secretary of State, said he expects the certification will be complete later on Friday.
Joe Biden continues his transition effort, as he plans Friday to meet with top congressional Democrats.
President Trump, conversely, continues to pursue his bid to reverse the results of the election. He has invited top Republican leaders from Michigan to meet with him at the White House.
News, Not Noise
- FBI, State officials aware early on Steele made major mistake in Russia reporting
- Bombshell revelations as Trump declassifies all FBI documents in Russia probe
- Twitter CEO in leaked video says 'this is going to be much bigger than just one account'
- Lincoln Project co-founder resigns from group, admits to ‘inappropriate’ messages to multiple men
- U.S. says Wuhan lab workers became sick with COVID-19 like symptoms weeks before pandemic started