Georgia certifies then decertifies recount results
The certification remains expected later today
The Georgia Secretary of State issued a correction Friday afternoon, saying this state is still completing the certification process, despite an earlier announcement that the state had certified an electoral victory for Joe Biden.
Brad Raffensperger, the Republican Secretary of State, said he expects the certification will be complete later on Friday.
Joe Biden continues his transition effort, as he plans Friday to meet with top congressional Democrats.
President Trump, conversely, continues to pursue his bid to reverse the results of the election. He has invited top Republican leaders from Michigan to meet with him at the White House.
Just News, No Noise
- Manchin caves, Senate advances continuing resolution without permitting reform
- Ex-FBI official who led Unabomber task force decries deployment of SWAT teams for Jan. 6 arrests
- FBI had 5 informants with Oath Keepers, none provided evidence of guilt: Defense lawyer
- CDC walks back COVID guidance again, finds lasting post-vaccine heart problems in young adults
- Poll: Arizona Democrats riding on abortion rights to make up for poor Biden approval