Herschel Walker's Senate campaign raised $5.4 million last quarter, half of what Warnock received
The former NFL star is the frontrunner in what will be a closely watched 2022 Senate bid
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Republican Herschel Walker's Georgia Senate campaign reportedly raised $5.4 million during the last quarter of 2021.
The campaign reported financial support from over 44,000 donors across the country during the final three months of 2021, bringing the candidate's campaign fundraising totals to nearly $10 million since launching in August, according to a statement obtained by the Associated Press.
The retired NFL star has received the endorsement of former President Trump in his challenge against Democratic Sen. Raphael Warnock, who reportedly raised a whopping $9.8 million last quarter.
Warnock won his seat following a special election last January. He raised more than $125 million during his initial run, according to the Federal Election Commission.
For his 2022 Senate bid, he reportedly has $23 million cash on hand. The Warnock campaign reportedly received donations last quarter from 130,000 individual donors.
Walker is the frontrunner in a field comprised of several other Republican candidates including state Agriculture Commissioner Gary Black and construction company owner Kelvin King.
The Georgia election will be a closely-watched battleground contest in the 2022 midterm cycle and will likely play a significant role in determining which party controls the Senate.
Just News, No Noise
- Michigan project with $1.14B in taxpayer backing must adhere to Chinese communist rules
- 'Race to the bottom': Legal experts fear escalation spiral ahead of possible Trump indictment
- GOP Rep roils hearing when asking witness why Hunter Biden not prosecuted for falsifying gun buy app
- Whitmer signs bill repealing Michigan's right to work law
- North Carolina governor vetoes pistol permit repeal