Virginia GOP voters pick Kiggans, Vega to face Democrat Reps Luria, Spamberger, in bid to flip House
Former police officer and Prince William County Supervisor Yesli Vega will run against Democrat Rep. Abigail Spanberger in November
State Sen. Virginia Kiggans on Tuesday won the Virginia GOP House primary to take on Democratic Rep. Elaine Luria in the state's 2nd Congressional District.
The Associated Press called the race at 7:42 p.m. Eastern time.
Kiggans, a nurse practitioner and Navy veteran, faced three opponents.
Luria, is a member of the Democrat-led House committee investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol riot and a retired Navy commander. She was elected to the House in 2018 and is seeking a third term.
Yesli Vega, former police officer and Prince William County, Va. supervisor, is the projected winner of the Republican primary in the state’s 7th Congressional District. She faces Rep. Abigail Spanberger, a moderate Democrat, in November.
Just News, No Noise
- New twist in FBI raid: Trump had 'standing order' to declassify documents taken to residence
- Marjorie Taylor Greene files articles of impeachment against Merrick Garland
- Top Democrat Clyburn: $740 billion spending-tax bill will be issue in midterm elections
- Arizona’s U.S. Senate seat rated a toss-up by election forecasters
- Two Democratic lawmakers cast 10 proxy votes each on House floor in favor of $740B spending bill