New Hampshire GOP Governor Sununu won't run for Senate in 2022, report
Republicans appear to have a good chance of retaking the chamber in 2022, amid polling suggesting voters dissatisfied with Democrats in D.C.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
New Hampshire GOP Gov. Chris Sununu has announced that he will not run for Senate in 2022 and will instead seek a fourth term in the governor's office, according to a news report Tuesday.
Sununu had been courted by Washington Republicans to challenge incumbent Democratic Sen. Maggie Hassan, according to WMUR in New Hampshire.
Republicans appear to have a good chance of retaking the chamber in 2022 amid polling that suggests voters are increasingly dissatisfied with Democrats controlling Washington.
Sununu is scheduled to announce his plans at a news conference Tuesday afternoon.
News, not Noise
- Governments warn of heart problems from COVID vaccines, but Twitter calls research 'unsafe'
- Washington DC suburb eyes taxing residents for rain on their roofs, driveways, parking lots
- Elon Musk calls for Congress to throw out Biden's entire Build Back Better bill: 'Don't pass it'
- Manchin: Without 'bipartisan buy-in,' Biden's budget reconciliation bill 'won't last'
- 'All Lives Matter to our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ' sign got football coach fired: lawsuit