Possible 2024 presidential rivals Newsom, DeSantis take aim at each other in July 4 exchange
The ad also includes a picture of DeSantis and former President Trump shaking hands
Florida GOP Gov. Ron DeSantis and California Democrat Gov. Gavin Newsom, potential 2024 presidential rivals, took sidelong political jabs at each other this past July Fourth weekend – starting with Newsom running a TV ad in DeSantis’ home state.
Newsom ran an ad on Fox News on July 4 in Florida in which he says: "It's Independence Day – so let's talk about what's going on in America. … Freedom is under attack in your state."
The ad also includes a picture of DeSantis and former President Trump shaking hands.
The cost was $105,000, was paid for by Newsom’s gubernatorial reelection campaign and will not be the only such ad, according to CNN.
"I urge all of you living in Florida to join the fight – or join us in California, where we still believe in freedom," Newsom also says in the ad about DeSantis, whose politics in strongly conservative and influenced by former GOP President Trump.
Newsom recently told CNN: "He's running for president. … This is not just about him, but he is the poster child of it."
In response, a spokesman for DeSantis’ gubernatorial reelection campaign told the Daily Wire: "The people of Florida pay no mind to the pathetic smear campaigns from the Democrats and their allies in the corporate media. We’re too busy enjoying the freedom Gov. Ron DeSantis has created in the Sunshine State."
Just News, No Noise
- Scientist who worked closely with the Wuhan lab says COVID was genetically engineered and leaked
- Justices puzzled by Colorado's argument for forcing Christian designer to make gay wedding websites
- Calls for investigations grow over Katie Hobbs' alleged use of Twitter censorship, 1A issues
- New Hampshire senators skipping WH event to protest Biden support for Dem primary changes
- Louisiana, Missouri AGs release 359-page Fauci deposition in social media collusion lawsuit