Markey defeats Joe Kennedy III in closely watched Massachusetts Senate primary
The contest pitted two sitting members of the nation's legislature against each other.
Incumbent Sen. Ed Markey on Tuesday secured victory against Rep. Joe Kennedy III in a Massachusetts Senate Primary contest that pitted two sitting members of the nation's legislature against each other.
As of 11:24 p.m. EDT, Markey had 54% of the vote compared to Rep. Kennedy's 46%.
The loss for Rep. Kennedy represents a historic first occasion that someone within the iconic Kennedy family failed to secure victory in a Massachusetts election, according to reports.
News, Not Noise
- A year after impeachment, Hunter Biden's Ukraine activities come home to roost
- Democrat Tulsi Gabbard says voter fraud 'serious threat,' seeks to outlaw ballot harvesting
- Trafalgar Group polls: outliers with uncanny knack for accurately sampling Trump vote
- Coronavirus cases and deaths continue to decline, but officials vow to continue restrictions
- Activist warns Left, Trump might pick first black female justice: 'Be careful what you wish for'