Trump endorses Britt in runoff against Brooks in Alabama GOP primary for Senate seat
Trump had originally backed Britt's runoff challenger, Alabama GOP Rep. Mo Brooks
Former President Trump is endorsed Alabama GOP Senate primary candidate Katie Britt in her runoff race against Rep. Mo Brooks.
"Above all, Katie Britt will never let you down," Trump wrote Friday in announcing his support. "She has my complete and total endorsement!”
Trump had originally backed Brooks but soured on the congressman after he said on the campaign trail that potential voters should look past the 2020 elections, which Trump contends he lost over widespread voter fraud. So the former president in March rescinded his Brooks endorsement.
"Mo has been wanting it back ever since," Trump said Friday of the endorsement, according to the Associated Press, "but I cannot give it to him! Katie Britt, on the other hand, is a fearless America First Warrior."
Trump was reportedly also concern when he rescinded the endorsement about Brooks' low polling and fundraising numbers.
However, Brooks, who had dropped the third place in the primary, stage a late rally to take second place on election night – for the Senate seat of retiring GOP Sen. Richard Shelby.
Trump also called Britt, who is former Shelby chief of staff, "an incredible fighter for the people of Alabama."
Just News, No Noise
- Doctored evidence? Democrat-led J6 panel added audio to silent security video for primetime hearings
- Watch: How Jan. 6 security footage was altered by Democrats to add provocative sound
- Comer wins: FBI relents, agrees to deliver subpoenaed memo alleging Biden bribery to Capitol
- Nearly 10,000 photos from Hunter Biden's laptop published online
- Twitter believed it would lose COVID censorship suit, feared release of documents: emails