Trump endorses Florida Republican Sen. Rubio for 2022 reelection
"I am grateful for President Trump’s endorsement and his leadership on the major issues," Rubio said.
Former President Trump on Friday endorsed Florida GOP Sen. Marco Rubio in his 2022 reelection bid.
"It is my honor to give U.S. Senator Marco Rubio my Complete and Total Endorsement," Trump said in a statement, according to The Hill. "Marco has been a tireless advocate for the people of Florida, fighting to cut taxes, supporting our Second Amendment, our Military and our Vets, a strong national defense, and all of the forgotten men and women of America."
Rubio and Trump competed fiercely against each other in the 2016 GOP presidential primary, in a contest with over a dozen top-tier candidates. Rubio is also seen as a front-runner for Republicans for the 2024 presidential election.
“I am grateful for President Trump’s endorsement and his leadership on the major issues facing our nation, including the threat from China and the need to bring good jobs back to America,” Rubio said in a statement, according to The Miami Herald. "Democrats are trying to undo everything we accomplished over the past four years, but I will continue to fight for the forgotten men and women of this country and deliver results for hardworking Florida families," Rubio said.
News, Not Noise
- Rep. Lauren Boebert on Cheney leadership removal: GOP 'finally taking a stand, getting a backbone'
- Election integrity revelation: Detroit bragged that use of Zuckerberg funding ‘created a new normal’
- Manchin breaks with fellow Senate Democrats, backs scaled-down version of For the People Act
- U.S. investigates mounting reports of mysterious 'Havana Syndrome' malady
- Is Biden plotting to 'reduce automobile usage' in America? Eleanor Holmes Norton thinks so