Chase customers report inaccurate account balances, bank says problem has been fixed
The bank said the problem "was caused by a technical issue that delayed updates on what displayed on Chase Mobile & Chase Online."
Some Chase Bank customers this weekend reported an unusual situation when they viewed their online account balances and found that the balances were wrong.
Chase on Sunday morning said that the issue had been resolved.
Media reports indicate that the problem went both directions, with some customers reporting that money seemed to be missing and others saying that money seemed to have been added to their account balances.
"We know some customers reporting [sic] seeing incorrect balances in their checking account overnight," Chase tweeted on Sunday. "This was caused by a technical issue that delayed updates on what displayed on Chase Mobile & Chase Online. We resolved this issue as of 9AM ET and accounts now show current balances," the financial institution explained.
News, Not Noise
- After 6 months without lockdown, Sweden's COVID-19 deaths, infections bottom out
- MSNBC producer quits, says job 'forces skilled journalists to make bad decisions'
- 'That's awful.' Lisa Page's FBI text on Black Live Matters conflicts with MSNBC's embrace
- No immunity: State judge who helped illegal alien escape to face rare trial
- When racial justice becomes lucrative: Al Sharpton's $1 million compensation