Weekly unemployment number holds steady at 884,000
Weekly unemployment numbers exceeded 1 million in late August
The Labor Department reported Thursday that the number of first-time unemployment claims last week was 884,000, unchanged from the previous week.
The back-to-back numbers suggest that hiring is holding steady but has flattened after solid gains in the spring and most of the summer.
The weekly unemployment numbers exceeded 1 million in late August.
News, Not Noise
- Rudy Giuliani files police report on purported Hunter Biden laptop, alleging child endangerment
- Biden finally breaks silence on son Hunter's laptop
- Two huge new developments emerge in Hunter Biden laptop saga
- Breaking with media polls, Trump debate strategy to pummel Biden on corruption
- Republican senators propose constitutional amendment to keep number of Supreme Court justices at 9