Gabbard announces she's leaving Democrat Party, which she says now controlled by 'elitist cabal'
Gabbard is from Hawaii and is a military veteran.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Former Democrat presidential candidate and Rep. Tulsi Gabbard announced Tuesday that she's leaving the political party.
Gabbard, of Hawaii and a military veteran, made the announcement on Twitter in a post that includes a roughly one-minute-long video in which she talks about her reasons for leaving the party.
"I can no longer remain in today’s Democratic Party that is now under the complete control of an elitist cabal of warmongers driven by cowardly wokeness, who divide us by racializing every issue & stoke anti-white racism," Gabbard wrote.
She departure in not a complete surprise, Gabbard has for years been an outspoke critic of the Democrat Party, which has made her a popular figure among Republicans.
Just News, No Noise
- Nearly 10,000 photos from Hunter Biden's laptop published online
- FBI chief Wray rolls dice with Congress over contempt, then jets to Las Vegas
- Biden falls on stage at U.S. Air Force Academy graduation
- Senate votes 52-46 to overturn Biden's student debt relief program
- National Archives refuse to release emails between Hunter Biden, father's staff