NY EMS fatally stabbed while aiding patient
She was promptly rushed to nearby Mt. Sinai hospital, where she died.
A 61-year-old medical official sustained fatal stab wounds to the neck on Thursday while attempting to treat a patient.
The Fire Department of New York (FDNY) Emergency Medical Services (EMS) lieutenant was treating a patient in Queens when a mentally ill relative of that individual stabbed her multiple times in the neck, the New York Daily News reported. The suspect is in police custody, per ABC 7.
She was promptly rushed to nearby Mt. Sinai hospital, where she died. Authorities have not yet released her name. FDNY EMS employees have gathered outside the hospital to support their fallen colleague.
Just News, No Noise
- Ariz. secretary of state refers Kari Lake for criminal prosecution over tweeting voter signatures
- 'Little to no difference': Massive mask meta-study undermines remaining COVID mandates
- House votes on SHOW UP Act, GOP bill to return federal employees to workplace
- House to vote Wednesday on booting Rep. Omar from Foreign Affairs Committee
- Board of Trustees oust New College president as DeSantis revamps Florida education