New poll: Almost a third say Trump was legitimate winner of election
Nearly six out of 10 believe Biden was the winner.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Nearly one-third of U.S. voters believe that President Trump was the legitimate winner of the 2020 election, according to a new Just the News Daily Poll with Scott Rasmussen.
Thirty-one percent of respondents said Trump won reelection in the Nov. 3 presidential race, while 59% said Democrat Joe Biden secured the victory.
Perhaps unsurprisingly, the numbers are sharply divided by partisan affiliation: Among GOP voters, 64% believe Trump won the election, while 93% of Democrats believe it was Biden.
Multiple media outlets quickly called the race for Biden. States later officially certified the victory, giving the long-time Democratic politician enough electoral votes to take the White House.
News, Not Noise
- Feds accused of seizing $85 million from safe deposit boxes without 'any legal basis'
- Georgia investigator's notes reveal 'massive' election integrity problems in Atlanta
- Pelosi blocking COVID-19 origins investigation with 'Soviet-style cover-up': Scalise
- Technology company remotely turns up Texas ‘smart thermostats’ during heat spike, report
- Texas AG challenger George P. Bush: Herald of Trump-Bush dynastic alliance? Or RINO in MAGA garb?