New poll: Almost a third say Trump was legitimate winner of election
Nearly six out of 10 believe Biden was the winner.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Nearly one-third of U.S. voters believe that President Trump was the legitimate winner of the 2020 election, according to a new Just the News Daily Poll with Scott Rasmussen.
Thirty-one percent of respondents said Trump won reelection in the Nov. 3 presidential race, while 59% said Democrat Joe Biden secured the victory.
Perhaps unsurprisingly, the numbers are sharply divided by partisan affiliation: Among GOP voters, 64% believe Trump won the election, while 93% of Democrats believe it was Biden.
Multiple media outlets quickly called the race for Biden. States later officially certified the victory, giving the long-time Democratic politician enough electoral votes to take the White House.
News, not Noise
- Foreign Agent: Hunter Biden-tied firm finally admits it lobbied U.S. for controversial oligarch
- Ex-FBI top lawyer Baker confirms Sussmann said in meeting he was not there on client's behalf
- Satellite images show China staging mock attacks on US Navy ships, analysts say
- Clinton campaign counsel testifies he didn't trust FBI, as Sussmann defense floats mistrial motion
- Thousands of Rabbis slam Tlaib resolution as 'openly antisemitic,' 'an indelible stain on Congress'