New poll: Biden holding steady lead against Trump among registered voters
The president still trails his presumed opponent by 8 percentage points.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
President Trump remains at a significant disadvantage to his presumptive Democratic opponent Joe Biden among registered voters, according to a new Just the News Daily Poll with Scott Rasmussen.
If the election were held today, 45% of voters would back Biden, while 37% of voters would pick Trump, according to the poll. Nineteen percent of respondents either chose other candidates or were unsure for whom they would vote.
The numbers for the two major party candidates are largely similar to those seen in mid-July, when Biden commanded 46% of registered voters to Trump's 39%.
The favorable numbers for Biden may indicate widespread voter dissatisfaction with President Trump's handling of the coronavirus pandemic in this country. It may also be a reflection of what voters perceive as the president's weakness on civil rights issues.
"The president is doing very poorly among minority voters — just 5% of the black vote and 15% of the Hispanic vote," Rasmussen said. "Both are weaker than his performance in 2016."
The survey of 1,200 registered voters was conducted by Scott Rasmussen from Aug. 6-8, 2020 using a mixed mode approach.
To see the full demographic cross-tabulations for this polling question, click here.
To see the methodology and sample demographics for this polling question, click here.
News, not Noise
- Biden’s Inflation Reduction Act would increase taxes on nearly all Americans
- Kamala Harris casts tiebreaking vote as Biden’s massive spending and tax package advances in Senate
- Even blue cities now want Biden to pay for cost of his open border policies
- Video shows children in Texas taking oath to be 'martyrs' for Iran's supreme leader
- Albert Woodfox, longest solitary confinement prisoner in U.S. history, dead at 75