Less than half in new poll believe Biden is legitimate winner of election; a third say Trump won
Among Democrats, 87% think that Biden is the winner. Of Republican respondents, 77% said they think Trump is the legitimate winner.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
More than a third of registered voters believe Donald Trump legitimately won the presidential election, according to a new Just the News Daily Poll with Scott Rasmussen.
Less than half of all respondents — 49% — believe Joe Biden legitimately won the race, while 34% said they believe Trump won the election, and 16% said they are not sure who really won.
Of Republican respondents, 77% said they think Trump is the legitimate winner, while just 12% of Republicans believe Biden is the legitimate winner. About a quarter of independent voters also said they believe Trump won.
Among Democrats, 87% think that Biden is the winner.
Rasmussen noted that the survey was conducted from Thursday night until Saturday early afternoon.
"During the time of this survey, no television network or other news source had formally called the race for Biden," he said.
The survey was comprised of 1,200 registered voters and conducted by Scott Rasmussen from Nov. 5-7, 2020.
To see poll's cross-demographic tabulations, click here.
To see poll's methodology and sample demographics, click here.
News, Not Noise
- Dominion contractor at Detroit counting center says thousands of ballots were scanned multiple times
- 'No one had done this before': Data expert details major push to investigate 2020 voter fraud
- Trump legal team: Georgia video footage depicts poll workers with 'suitcases filled with ballots'
- Whistleblowers allege ballots illegally crossed state lines, ballot backdating, digital manipulation
- DNI Ratcliffe says that he has given 'thousands of documents to John Durham'