Ninety percent of Americans want illegal immigrants tested for COVID before being released
Voters almost unanimously think illegal immigrants should be tested for COVID-19 before being released.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Americans almost unanimously think that illegal immigrants who enter the country should be tested for COVID-19 before being released to communities across the country, according to a Just the News Daily Poll with Scott Rasmussen released Monday.
The finding comes weeks after it was reported that more than 100 migrants who tested positive for the Coronavirus were released by the U.S. Border Patrol in Texas.
Ninety percent of voters surveyed in the poll want illegal immigrants tested for the coronavirus at the border before being allowed to leave to travel to other communities across the country.
The sentiments were shared widely across all cross-sections of Americans. For instance, 92 percent of whites and Hispanics agreed illegal immigrants should be screened for COVID as did 83 percent of black voters. Likewise, 94 percent of Republicans supporting CIVID testing as did 90 percent of Democrats.
Only 5 percent opposed testing illegal immigrants for the coronavirus.
The survey of 1,200 registered voters was conducted by Scott Rasmussen on behalf of Just the News using a mixed mode approach from March 11-13, 2021, and had a margin of error of plus or minus 2.8 percent. Click here to see the poll's methodology and sample demographics.
News, Not Noise
- Heart problems in vaccinated students trigger medical, legal scrutiny of campus COVID mandates
- Israeli PM warns of 'last chance for the world powers to wake up' before reviving Iran nuclear deal
- McCarthy demands COVID intel be declassified, Americans be allowed to sue China
- Georgia investigator's notes reveal 'massive' election integrity problems in Atlanta
- Trump: 'Happy Father’s Day to all, including the Radical Left, RINOs, and other Losers of the world'