President Trump's job approval is at 42%, down three points since May, JustTheNews.com poll
Eighty-three percent of Republicans approve while 90% of Democrats disapprove. Thirty-eight percent of Independents spprove while 55% disapprove
June 29, 2020 - 4:05pm
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
- Just the News Daily Poll with Scott Rasmussen
- Trump's approval rating held steady over the month of May
President Trump's Job Approval is at 42%, down 3 percentage points since the last JustTheNews.com poll on the topic, according to Just the News Daily Poll with Scott Rasmussen.
Just the News found Trump's approval rating held steady over the month of May.
"Other polling I’ve conducted shows that the president’s numbers dropped a few weeks ago and have remained generally steady since then," Rasmussen said.
Eighty-three percent (83%) of Republicans approve, while 90% of Democrats disapprove. Thirty-eight percent (38%) of Independents approve while 55% disapprove.
The president earns approval from 49% of white voters, 26% of Hispanic voters, and just 13% of Black voters.
Fifty percent (50%) of self-employed workers approve of the president’s performance. So do 43% of other private sector workers, along with just 35% of government employees.
Just the News Daily Poll respondents were asked “Do you approve or disapprove of the way President Trump is performing his job?" They responded as below:
- 27% Strongly Approve
- 15% Somewhat Approve
- 11% Somewhat Disapprove
- 44% Strongly Disapprove
- 3% Not Sure
The national survey of 1,200 registered voters was conducted June 25-27, 2020 by Rasmussen, a polling veteran. Margin of sampling error: +/- 2.8% for full sample.
To see the full demographic cross-tabulations for this polling question, click below:
To see the methodology and sample demographics for this polling question, click below:
News, Not Noise
- COVID-19 is close to losing its epidemic status in the U.S., according to the CDC
- Texas hospital CEO: COVID inpatient count 'misinterpreted,' level of alarm 'unwarranted'
- Liberals reserve tickets to Trump's New Hampshire rally to try making venue look empty
- Fauci omits context, feeds alarm with warning of 100,000 coronavirus infections a day
- Russian-born scholar: False allegations of affair with Flynn used as pretext for FBI probe