Plurality of voters say politicization of pro sports will drive down ratings
Less than a third politicalization will drive up ratings
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
A plurality of voters say the increased politicization of professional sports will drive down ratings, according to a new Just the News Daily Poll with Scott Rasmussen.
A total 44% of respondents said that sporting franchises' increased attention to political issues will "lead to less interest and lower ratings," while 29% said it would increase ratings.
A remaining 27% said they were unsure.
In responses by demographics, a majority of black voters and those who are very liberal said the politicalization would increase ratings. And pluralities of Hispanic voters and Democrats also chose that answer, while 68% of Republicans said politics will drive sports ratings downward.
Among Independents, just 26% of respondents said the new focus on political issues would drive up ratings.
The survey of 1,200 Registered Voters was conducted by Rasmussen using a mixed-mode approach from September 10-12.
To see this poll's cross-demographic tabulations, click here.
News, Not Noise
- Treasury flagged foreign money flowing to Hunter Biden-tied firms as ‘suspicious’
- AG Barr rebukes career DOJ prosecutors for political 'headhunting,' insubordination
- Model that predicted 5 of past 6 presidential elections has Trump in 2020 by 'landslide'
- Trump shattered diplomatic norms, rejected establishment to pave way for historic Middle East peace
- Fox host rebukes Gingrich on-air: Soros campaign funding of left-wing DAs is taboo topic