World Athletics Council bans transgender track-and-field athletes from international competition
The group adopted the same rules as swimming did last year
Updated: March 23, 2023 - 2:34pm
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
The World Athletics Council on Thursday banned transgender athletes from international track-and-field competition.
In two decisions, the group adopted the same rules as swimming did last year in deciding to bar athletes who have transitioned from male to female and have gone through male puberty, according to the Associated Press.
No such athletes currently compete at the highest elite levels of track.
Just News, No Noise
- Americans estimate average family of four needs minimum $85,000 annual income to get by: poll
- McCarthy-Biden debt deal eliminates unspent COVID funds, blocks IRS expansion and reforms permitting
- On Memorial Day, Biden VA record of caring for veterans raises alarm
- Oregon GOP seeks to recall longtime member, Trump supporter who backed Dhillon in RNC chair race
- 'Boycott Target' climbs iTunes charts, garners millions of views