School 'standing behind' transgender teacher who went viral for enormous prosthetic breasts
The chairwoman for the school board handling the matter said she has heard no complaints about the teacher prior to the videos.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
A video of a transgender teacher in Canada wears gigantic prosthetic breasts while teaching has gone viral, resulting in school officials implementing a "safety plan" for possible protests.
Halton District School Board Chair Margo Shuttleworth said the school is dedicated to protecting "gender rights" and "standing behind the teacher," the Toronto Sun reported Saturday.
He also said staffers at the school at which the transgender teacher works are implementing the safety plan.
The teacher teaches manufacturing technology – commonly referred to as wood shop class – at Trafalgar High School in Oakville, Ontario.
The teacher reportedly began transitioning from male to female about a year ago and stopped going by a male name.
Shuttleworth said the teacher is "extremely effective" and "All the kids really love being in the class."
She also said she had not heard any complaints about the teacher before the videos, recorded by students, went viral.
Just News, No Noise
- Two years later, Jan. 6 video footage raises new questions about police and prosecutors
- DHS heavily redacted Disinformation Board emails despite claiming agency had nothing to hide
- Durham bombshell: Prosecutor unveils smoking gun FBI text message, 'joint venture' to smear Trump
- Six Minutes of Heroism: Watch Nashville cops race through school to neutralize shooter
- Ethics clouds shadow 4 Democrat House members, including Senate hopefuls, 'Squad' icons