CNN admits Hunter Biden ‘a real problem’ for Joe Biden, not ‘a right-wing media story’
Anchor Brian Stelter also raised questions about the president’s age.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
The criminal investigation of President Joe Biden’s son Hunter is not just a right-wing media story and is a “real problem” for his re-election, CNN anchor Brian Stelter declared on his weekend show “Reliable Sources.”
Stelter talked Sunday about Maureen Dowd’s column in The New York Times where she said that President Biden should not run for re-election when interviewing Michael LaRosa, the former press secretary for Jill Biden.
When asked for an opinion on whether or not President Biden should run in 2024, LaRosa said: “I hope he runs. I know he’s going to run. He’s planning to run, as he said many times.”
Stelter then interjected, “Biden’s age makes it different.”
LaRosa said, “I don’t see why he wouldn’t run. I haven’t heard a reason why.”
Then Stelter added: “What about his son, what about Hunter? Hunter under federal investigation, charges could be coming at any time. This is not just a right-wing media story. This is a real problem for the Bidens. Could he decide not to run for re-election, given his son?”
LaRosa said, “Look, they make decisions as a family, and they will make that decision when it’s time.”
Stelter asked, “Do you think they’ve talked about it yet?”
LaRosa said, “No. The president is doing his job, and he’s doing his work. He’s not focused on that. It’s 19 months! Why would he do that?”
Just News, No Noise
- US tech giants funding China's race to supremacy in AI — the 'battlefield of the future'
- China reponds to U.S. balloon shooting
- FBI arrests 2 in alleged attempt to attack Baltimore power grid, 'lay this city to waste'
- China threatens US for popping balloon as American military begins recovery operation
- Fatherless children, dangerous cities: Numbers confirm deep roots of urban crime epidemic