Zelensky blames Merkel, Sarkozy for keeping Ukraine from NATO
‘I invite Mrs. Merkel and Mr. Sarkozy to visit Bucha, to see what the policy of 14 years of concessions to Russia has led to,’ Ukrainian leader says.
The post Zelensky Calls Out Angela Merkel, Nicholas Sarkozy for Blocking Ukraine’s NATO Bid first appeared on The Foreign Desk | by Lisa Daftari.
Harkening alleged war crimes in one of his cities, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy is blasting former German Chancellor Angela Merkel, ex-French President Nicolas Sarkozy and other Western leaders for appeasing Russia and blocking his country from joining NATO.
“I invite Mrs. Merkel and Mr. Sarkozy to visit Bucha, to see what the policy of 14 years of concessions to Russia has led to,” Zelenskyy said in an address Sunday night.
He implored the Western leaders “to see with their own eyes the tortured Ukrainian men and women” in the city outside Kyiv.
Zelenskyy urged the U.N. Security Council to consider more than sanctions when it meets Tuesday to review Russia’s alleged war crimes.
“More conclusions must be drawn. Not just about Russia, but also about the political behavior that actually allowed this evil to come onto our land,” he said.
Just News, No Noise
- FBI chief Wray rolls dice with Congress over contempt, then jets to Las Vegas
- After John Durham bombshell, judge breathes new life into Clinton Foundation whistleblower case
- Target latest on growing list of woke U.S. companies to misread customers, pay price
- Trump calls for year-long U.S. anniversary celebration in 2026
- House passes compromise deal to suspend debt ceiling, cut spending