Afghanistan's second-largest city, Kandahar, falls to the Taliban
Kandahar is the twelfth provincial capital taken over by the Taliban.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
The Taliban on Thursday seized the provincial capital of Kandahar, Afghanistan's second-largest city.
Kandahar is the twelfth of 34 provincial capitals in Afghanistan that has been taken over by the Taliban, the Associated Press reported.
Afghan authorities said that government officials were able to make it to the airport and escape Kandahar by plane.
News, not Noise
- 65% of voters agree with Sen. Blackburn: Buttigieg should 'get back to work or leave': poll
- Democrats cut 'human infrastructure' spending plan, but compromise still out of reach
- New anti-Biden 'Let's Go Brandon' song censored on social media, hits #1 on iTunes
- School boards group that equated parental activism with 'domestic terrorism' owes IRS $20 million
- Demand for forensic audits of 2020 election in all 50 states rapidly gaining support