Iran seizes Greek tankers in Persian Gulf amid international tensions
Revolutionary Guard retaliates for Greek support of U.S. sanctions.
Updated: May 28, 2022 - 3:23pm
The Iranian Revolutionary Guard this week seized two Greek oil tankers in the Persian Gulf, a move widely scene as retaliation for Greece’s support of U.S. sanctions against the Middle Eastern country.
The raid was reportedly carried out with helicopters. The Greek vessels had reportedly come near Iranian waters, with Iran claiming the ships had violated unknown maritime rules.
The Greek government, meanwhile, described the incident as the “violent taking over of two Greek-flagged ships” and accused the Iranian government of “piracy.”
The Greek Foreign Ministry vowed ““particularly negative consequences” for Iran in the wake of the heist.
Just News, No Noise
- Nearly everyone infected with COVID-19 at CDC event was vaccinated: agency survey
- Debt deal frays GOP unity McCarthy enjoyed since Speaker battle as prominent conservatives bolt
- As it runs out of space, iconic Arlington National Cemetery faces uncertain future
- Homeland sees ‘heightened threat’ of attacks on churches, cops and feds ahead of 2024 election
- Kohl's becomes latest department store found selling LGBT pride clothing for infants, children