Israeli forces begin ground operations against Gaza in major escalation of conflict with Hamas
Attacks occur after days of Hamas rockets targeting Israeli civilians.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Israeli ground forces along the border region are targeting Gaza in an escalation of an ongoing conflict in the region which had already seen Israeli airstrikes as the the Jewish State faced rockets from Gaza.
"There are ground forces currently deployed along the border area and they are engaging and attacking the Gaza Strip from there," Israeli military spokesperson Lt. Col. Jonathan Conricus said, according to the Wall Street Journal, which noted that he had initially said Israeli forces had entered Gaza.
"IDF air and ground troops are currently attacking in the Gaza Strip," the Israeli Defense Forces tweeted.
News, Not Noise
- Heart problems in vaccinated students trigger medical, legal scrutiny of campus COVID mandates
- Israeli PM warns of 'last chance for the world powers to wake up' before reviving Iran nuclear deal
- McCarthy demands COVID intel be declassified, Americans be allowed to sue China
- Georgia investigator's notes reveal 'massive' election integrity problems in Atlanta
- Trump: 'Happy Father’s Day to all, including the Radical Left, RINOs, and other Losers of the world'