Austin assures Saudi Arabia's crown prince U.S. supports kingdom's right of self defense
"They discussed regional security, particularly efforts to end the war in Yemen," a readout noted.
Updated: June 2, 2021 - 10:32pm
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
U.S. Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin on Wednesday spoke to Saudi Minister of Defense His Royal Highness Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman to stress America's dedication to helping Saudi Arabia defend itself.
"They discussed regional security, particularly efforts to end the war in Yemen," according to a readout. "Secretary Austin thanked the Crown Prince for working closely and constructively with U.S. Special Envoy Tim Lenderking to end the war in Yemen.
"Secretary Austin noted Saudi Arabia's recent successes in defeating Houthi attacks on the Kingdom and discussed ongoing bilateral efforts to improve Saudi Arabia's defenses," the readout noted.
Just News, No Noise
- J6 Unmasked: Security footage confirms Capitol door opened, allowing 300 to enter building freely
- GOP lawmaker excoriates Jan. 6 committee as new footage comes to light
- WATCH fateful moment senate door unlocks allowing hundreds in the Capitol on January 6th
- Biden bribery memo: Open investigation or game of keep away?
- Patrick Mahomes pulls Travis Kelce away from White House podium during Chiefs' visit