Chris Cuomo leaves his SiriusXM radio show, following CNN termination, sexual misconduct accusation
Cuomo has reportedly been preparing a multi-million dollar lawsuit against his former network employer as he backs away from his public roles
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Chris Cuomo, who was fired over the weekend by former employer CNN, has announced that he will "no longer be doing" his week-day SiriusXM radio show "Let's Get After It with Chris Cuomo."
Cuomo was fired by CNN following the revelation that he played a much larger role that believed in assisting with the defense strategy for his brother, then-New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, who was facing an onslaught of accusations of sexual harassment.
The younger Cuomo says he is stepping away from his radio broadcast because of the impact the past week has had and will have on his family, as he faces more potential problems.
Following Cuomo's initial suspension from the network last week, prominent employment lawyer Debra Katz informed CNN that she had been retained by a client who is alleging that Cuomo committed an act of sexual misconduct against her when they worked together at a different network.
Katz is also the attorney representing Charlotte Bennett, a former Andrew Cuomo aide, who accused him of sexual harassment early this year.
It is unclear if and how that information played into CNN's decision to dismiss Cuomo. But a CNN spokesperson said on Saturday night, "Based on the report we received regarding Chris’s conduct with his brother’s defense, we had cause to terminate. When new allegations came to us this week, we took them seriously, and saw no reason to delay taking immediate action."
Additionally, a report from the New York Post suggests that Cuomo is gearing up to sue CNN if the network refuses to pay him at least $18 million to cover the amount that's left on his contract.
The 51-year-old has reportedly retained attorneys who are preparing a suit that would contend CNN is obligated to pay Cuomo the $18 million to $20 million left on his $6 million annual contract that he, last year, renewed for four years.
The Post's source, however, said that CNN has "no intention of paying Cuomo a penny. If he gets a settlement, there would be uproar."
News, not Noise
- FBI raid on Trump compound stands in stark contrast to Clinton treatment years earlier
- FBI raid approved by main Justice, focus is on classified document handling
- Exclusive: Ex-intel chief urged Trump to fire FBI Director Wray in 2020
- Arizona GOP gubernatorial nominee Kari Lake opposes busing migrants to liberal cities
- 'Banana Republic': Ron DeSantis denounces FBI raid on Mar-a-Lago