You Vote: Has the Biden administration gone too far in targeting political opponents?
Biden and fellow Democrats have argued they're saving democracy from Trump and his supporters.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Last week, House Democrats' committee investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol riot held its last public hearing and voted unanimously to subpoena former President Donald Trump.
The panel is reportedly preparing to make criminal referrals to the Justice Department, which is conducting its own investigation into the Jan. 6 Capitol breach.
The investigation is one of numerous ongoing efforts to prosecute political opponents of the Biden administration.
Just the News has previously reported on growing outcry among legal experts and civil libertarians over what they described as the Justice Department's strong-arm tactics targeting Trump allies and critics of the Biden administration.
Amid this government activity, public trust in the FBI has eroded, according to recent polling.
Meanwhile, President Joe Biden and his political allies have repeatedly described Trump and his supporters as threats to the foundations of America, warning democracy itself is at stake and positioning themselves as its savior.
However, a majority of Americans disapproved of Biden's recent speech in Philadelphia vilifying Trump and the Make America Great Again movement aligned with him as itself divisive and dangerous, according to multiple polls.
With all this in mind, have Biden and Democrats been excessive in their efforts to target Trump and his allies? Or are they doing what's right to protect American democracy? Here's your chance to weigh in:
Just News, No Noise
- McCarthy blasts Jan. 6 Democrat investigators for tarring GOP lawmaker when evidence vindicated him
- Durham bombshell: Prosecutor unveils smoking gun FBI text message, 'joint venture' to smear Trump
- Two years later, Jan. 6 video footage raises new questions about police and prosecutors
- Intimidation? IRS agent visited journalist after he testified on censorship, Jim Jordan reveals
- Rep. Ronny Jackson reintroduces resolution to remove Kamala Harris from border czar role