Amy Klobuchar announces her husband has coronavirus
Husband of the Minnesota senator and former 2020 presidential candidate is hospitalized
March 23, 2020 - 1:42pm
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Former Democratic presidential candidate and Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar said Monday that her husband, John, has been diagnosed with coronavirus and is being treated at a Virginia hospital.
According to the senator's statement, her husband is "exhausted and sick but a very strong and resilient person." He also has pneumonia and has been given oxygen, but is not on a ventilator, she said.
Klobuchar also said that she and her husband have been in separate geographic locations for the past two weeks and that she is outside of the 14-day period for developing the illness. Her doctor has advised her not to get a test.
"I love my husband so very much and not being able be there at the hospital by his side is one of the hardest things about this disease," the senator wrote.
News, Not Noise
- COVID-19 is close to losing its epidemic status in the U.S., according to the CDC
- Texas hospital CEO: COVID inpatient count 'misinterpreted,' level of alarm 'unwarranted'
- Liberals reserve tickets to Trump's New Hampshire rally to try making venue look empty
- Fauci omits context, feeds alarm with warning of 100,000 coronavirus infections a day
- Russian-born scholar: False allegations of affair with Flynn used as pretext for FBI probe