Democrat-led House Jan. 6 committee holds final hearing before Election Day
The select committee as of Monday morning had yet to announce a witness list.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
The Democrat-led House Jan. 6 committee will on Wednesday hold its final hearing before the Nov. 8 midterm elections.
The select committee as of Monday morning had yet to announce a witness list or the focus of the hearing, according to Punchbowl News.
However, committee member Rep. Adam Schiff, a California Democrat, told CNN on Sunday that the hearing could be "more sweeping" than some of the others.
"It will tell the story about a key element of Donald Trump’s plot to overturn the election," Schiff said.
The hearing is set for 1 p.m. on Capitol Hill, a departure from recent ones that were held during prime-time TV hours.
Just News, No Noise
- Top Republican on House Ways and Means urges colleagues to aim for a short-term spending bill
- Country singer John Rich announces alternative to liberal, cancel culture banks - 'Old Glory Bank'
- FBI agent's testimony implicates headquarters brass in social media censorship
- Rep. James Comer flips Democrat 'quid pro quo' impeachment argument on to Joe Biden
- Trump lawyer makes court plea that former president should have immunity in Jan. 6 lawsuits